Sky Lords are elementalists that manipulate the elemental energy of air and electricity, they can produce devastating attacks with this energy or manifest it into other uses such as divination like effects.
Hit Dice: d8
The Sky Lords class skills are Acrobatics (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Fly (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (All) (Int), Perception (Wis), Profession (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), Stealth (Dex), Survival (Wis).
Skill Ranks per Level: 2+ Int modifier.
|Level|| Base |
|Special||Elemental Essences||Spells Known||Maximum Spell Level|
|1st||+0||+0||+2||+2||Azure bolt 1d6, air & electricity resistance, elemental essences, spells||9||4||1|
|3rd||+2||+1||+3||+3||Azure bolt 2d6||27||4||1|
|5th||+3||+1||+4||+4||Azure bolt 3d6||45||5||2|
|7th||+5||+2||+5||+5||Azure bolt 4d6||63||6||3|
|8th||+6/+1||+2||+6||+6||Azure aura (lesser)||72||7||4|
|9th||+6/+1||+3||+6||+6||Azure bolt 5d6||81||7||4|
|11th||+8/+3||+3||+7||+7||Azure bolt 6d6||99||8||5|
|12th||+9/+4||+4||+8||+8||Blindsense 30 ft.||108||9||6|
|13th||+9/+4||+4||+8||+8||Azure bolt 7d6||117||9||6|
|15th||+11/+6/+1||+5||+9||+9||Azure bolt 8d6||135||10||7|
|16th||+12/+7/+2||+5||+10||+10||Air & electricity subtypes||144||11||8|
|17th||+12/+7/+2||+5||+10||+10||Azure bolt 9d6||153||11||8|
|19th||+14/+9/+4||+6||+11||+11||Azure bolt 10d6||171||12||9|
All of the following are class features of the sky lord.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Sky lords are proficient with all simple weapons plus 2 additional weapon of their choice. Sky lords are also proficient with light and medium armor. They are not proficient with shields.
Azure Bolt [elemental bolt] (Su): Sky lords are capable of producing a bolt that deals either air or electricity damage. The azure bolt deals up to the amount of damage listed on Table: Sky lord. The azure bolt has a range of up to 10 feet per sky lord class level and requires a Ranged Attack roll to strike the target. Only a single azure bolt may be fired per round but the sky lord may divide the damage dice up into multiple azure bolts if they are able to make more than one attack per round—such as due to a high enough Base Attack Bonus, use of the haste spell, or some other means—. It is a standard action to fire a single azure bolt or a full attack action to fire multiple azure bolts. An azure bolt is usable at-will.
Air Bolt: When the sky lord uses their azure bolt to produce a bolt of air, the attack deals either bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing damage—chosen at the time the azure bolt is used—.
Electricity Bolt: This version of the azure bolt deals pure electricity damage to it's targets.
Air & Electricity Resistance (Ex): A sky lords possesses air & electricity resistance 10 +1 per sky lord level.
Elemental Essences: Elemental essences are a measure of how much elemental power a sky lord possesses, the number of elemental essences possessed by a sky lord determines how often they can use some of their abilities. The elemental essences possessed by a sky lord are composed of Air and Electricity essences. Elemental essences are restored after 8 hours of uninterrupted rest. Sky lords gain a number of bonus elemental essences depending on their sky lord level and their Constitution score (see Table: Bonus Elemental Essences by Sky Lord Level & Constitution Score).
Spells: The sky lord possesses an extremely limited number of spells known (see Table: Sky Lord) that they can cast by using their elemental essences. A sky lords spells follow all the rules of normal spellcasting. To cast a sky lord spell requires that the sky lord temporarily spend a number of elemental essences equal to the spell level—1 elemental essence for a level 1 spell, 5 elemental essences for a level 5 spells, and so on—. The save DC for a sky lord's spells is DC 10 + Spell Level + Constitution modifier. For a list of spells that a sky lord can learn see Sky Lord Spell List
Evasion: The sky lord gains evasion. If exposed to any effect that normally allows them to attempt a Reflex saving throw for half damage, the sky lord takes no damage with a successful saving throw. The evasion ability can only be used if the sky lord is wearing light armor or no armor.
Feather Falling (Su): The sky lord is under a constant feather fall effect. This ability can be suppressed and activated at-will as a free action by the sky lord. At the sky lords option they may share their feather falling ability with creatures within a 5 ft radius per sky lord level, this effects up to 1 creature per sky lord level within range.
Storm Vision (Ex): The sky lord can see perfectly in stormy and fog-like conditions and does not suffer any penalties to Perception checks due to stormy weather or fog.
Cloud Walking (Su): A sky lord can tread on clouds and fog as though on solid ground. This ability requires Feather Falling (Su).
Azure Aura, Lesser (Su): The sky lord is surrounded by an aura of violent wind or electricity—choose at the beginning of each round—. All creatures within 5 feet of the sky lord take 1d6 points of electricity damage—if the electricity aura is chosen—or 1d6 points of bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing damage—if the wind aura is chosen—at the beginning of the sky lords turn.
Blindsense 30 feet (Ex): The sky lord is able to detect subtle vibrations within the air and electrical currents within 30 feet.
Flight (Ex): The sky lord can fly at a speed equal to twice their base land speed with perfect manoeuvrability.
Air & Electricity Subtypes (Ex): The sky lord gains the air and electricity subtypes. This grants them immunity to air and electricity. The electricity subtype also makes the sky lord vulnerable to earth based effects, they take +50% again as much damage from abilities with the earth type regardless of if a successful save is made or not. The immunity to air makes the sky lord unaffected by strong winds and similar environmental effects caused by wind.
Azure Aura (Su): The sky lords azure aura now deals 2d6 points of damage of the appropriate type out to 10 feet.
Sky Lord: The elemental energy flowing through the sky lords body has transformed them into an elemental being, the sky lord gains the following benefits:
- — Darkvision 60 feet
- — No longer needs to breathe, eat, or sleep
- — Immunity to bleed, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, and stunning.
- — Not subject to critical hits or flanking. Does not take additional damage from precision-based attacks, such as sneak attack.
- — Type changes to Outsider (elemental, native)
- — The sky lord no longer ages or risks dieing of old age. They cannot be magically aged and they do not suffer any penalties for their age, however, any penalties related to age that have already taken effect remain. Age bonuses still accrue normally.
Sky Lord Spell List
Spells used by a sky lord are a one-time magical effect. A sky lord does not need to prepare spells ahead of time, they can spontaneously cast any spell that they know by paying the appropriate amount of elemental essences. The save DC for a sky lord's spells is 10 + Spell Level + Constitution modifier.
0-Level Sky Lord Spells
1st-Level Sky Lord Spells
- Endure Elements: Exist comfortably in hot or cold regions.
- Expeditious Retreat: Your base speed increases by 30 ft.
- Feather Fall: Objects or creatures fall slowly.
- Identify: Gives +10 bonus to identify magic items.
- Jump: Subject gets bonus on Acrobatics checks.
- Pass without Trace: One subject/level leaves no tracks.
2nd-Level Sky Lord Spells
- Blur: Attacks miss subject 20% of the time.
- Invisibility: Subject is invisible for 1 min./level or until it attacks.
- Locate Object: Senses direction toward object (specific or type).
- Obscure Object: Masks object against scrying.
- See Invisibility: Reveals invisible creatures or objects.
- Shape Elemental Bolt, Line: You can shape your elemental bolt into a line.
- Whispering Wind: Sends a short message 1 mile/level.
3rd-Level Sky Lord Spells
- Clairaudience/Clairvoyance: Hear or see at a distance for 1 min./level.
- Displacement: Attacks miss subject 50% of the time.
- Fly: Subject flies at speed of 60 ft.
- Haste: One creature/level moves faster, +1 on attack rolls, AC, and Reflex saves.
- Nondetection: Hides subject from divination, scrying.
- Shape Elemental Bolt, Spread: You can shape your elemental bolt into a spread.
- Wind Wall: Deflects arrows, smaller creatures, and gases. In addition to the normal uses of this spell, the sky lord can also shape the wind wall into a 1 foot/level radius sphere centered on the sky lords location at the time this ability is activated.
4th-Level Sky Lord Spells
- Air Walk: Subject treads on air as if solid (climb or descend at 45-degree angle).
- Arcane Eye: Invisible floating eye moves 30 ft./round.
- Detect Scrying: Alerts you to magical eavesdropping.
- Dimensional Anchor: Bars extradimensional movement.
- Discern Lies: Reveals deliberate falsehoods.
- Freedom of Movement: Subject moves normally despite impediments to movement.
- Locate Creature: Indicates direction to familiar creature.
- Sending: Delivers short message anywhere, instantly.
- Shape Elemental Bolt, Burst: You can shape your elemental bolt into a burst.
5th-Level Sky Lord Spells
- Break Enchantment: Frees subjects from enchantments, transmutations, and curses.
- Contact Other Plane: Lets you ask question of extraplanar entity.
- Control Winds: Changes wind direction and speed.
- Overland Flight: You fly at a speed of 40 ft. and can hustle over long distances.
- Plane Shift: As many as 8 subjects travel to another plane.
- Prying Eyes: 1d4 + 1/level floating eyes scout for you.
- Scrying: Spies on subject from a distance.
- Teleport: Instantly transports you as far as 100 miles per level.
- True Seeing: Lets you see all things as they really are.
6th-Level Sky Lord Spells
- Analyze Dweomer: Reveals magical aspects of subject.
- Chain Lightning: 1d6/level damage and 1 secondary bolt/level.
- Find the Path: Shows most direct way to a location.
- Legend Lore: Lets you learn tales about a person, place, or thing.
- Shape Elemental Bolt, Cone: You can shape your elemental bolt into a cone.
- Wind Walk: You and your allies turn vaporous and travel fast.
7th-Level Sky Lord Spells
- Arcane Sight, Greater: As arcane sight, but also reveals magic effects on creatures and objects.
- Banishment: Banishes 2 HD/level of extraplanar creatures.
- Control Weather: Changes weather in local area.
- Invisibility, Mass: As invisibility, but affects all in range.
- Scrying, Greater: As scrying, but faster and longer
- Teleport, Greater: As teleport, but no range limit and no off-target arrival.
- Teleport Object: As teleport, but affects a touched object.
- Vision: As legend lore, but quicker.
8th-Level Sky Lord Spells
- Dimensional Lock: Teleportation and interplanar travel blocked for 1 day/level.
- Mind Blank: Subject is protected from mental/emotional magic and scrying.
- Whirlwind: Cyclone deals damage and can pick up creatures.
9th-Level Sky Lord Spells
- Storm of Vengeance: Storm rains acid, lightning, and hail.